• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  i feel a bad moon rising; jesper
    Jesper observes that Lepis' diplomacy skills are as mature as the lady that stands before him. Her words are reinforced by the genuine manner in which she delivers them. Her congratulations pulls a smile onto his lips. He offers a proper "Thank you" in a tone that is laced with pride. As the gold and navy winged mare speaks of Taiga, Jesper listens closely. He hopes to catch any fluctuations - any slips - in her tone or, word choice that would indicate she is withholding or stretching the truth. But no, Lepis is much too careful. The fox admires her for her silver-tongue though, he still cannot trust her.

Bronze-tipped fuzzy ears face towards her even after she has finished speaking. Jesper has been formulating his reply this whole time though, he takes an extra moment to ensure his vocal chords are ready to deliver a smooth, unyielding tone. "I shall certainly seek Aten when I visit Taiga. Last I knew, the redwood forest was more of a common land. I would love to hear how it became the formidable land that it is today." He smiles behind the compliment to emphasize his recognition of all of Lepis' ambition.

Her details on future plans seems vague but of course, it is a diplomatic answer. If only Jesper could read between her lines. Or, read her mind. As that is not an option, he focuses on taming the hairs that rise along the base of his neck. Her words regarding their Queen disturb him. They imply that Heartfire is threatened by Taiga's existence. Rather, Jesper suspects that the gold and navy female is leaving out some important details. It is far more likely that Lepis would throw Heartfire under the bus to cover her own skin. Well, he did not have any proof so, he would need to keep his ruthless canine antics at bay for the remainder of this meeting. Should his Queen come knocking on his door and, deem the Isle as the residence of her personal pack of mutts, he would leap at the opportunity. She may not be his blood but, his loyalty for her ran deep and, he already considered her his Alpha.

Wandering thoughts fade and attention settles on the scarred lady before him. He manages to organize himself enough to offer the most diplomatic response that he can. "I feel immense gratitude for all that I have." He, also, hears the rumbles of thunder and, sees the ominous clouds that aim for them. He decides now is as good of a time as any to bid her farewell so, he replies to her raised brow with a calm and sincere tone. "That storm will make for some difficult flying conditions. I understand if you wish to take your leave, Lepis. This is hardly goodbye, after all. I will certainly visit you and Wolfbane in Taiga come Summer. Thank you for dropping by. Until next time, I wish nothing but the best for you and yours." He falls silent and, waits. He can only hope that this conniving lady departs his little corner of the world and, he may resume his quiet living.

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 08-28-2019, 07:49 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 08-30-2019, 08:27 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 08-31-2019, 08:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 09-09-2019, 06:26 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 09-21-2019, 07:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 10-01-2019, 06:46 AM