• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

play it cool then smart
    DESPOINA
    I was a heavy heart to carry; my feet dragged across the ground
    and he took me to the river where he slowly let me drown

She has never met anyone quite like him.

She has met so few people but even in her limited experience, he is completely unique. She watches him. Studies the curves and angles of his youthful body and finds that there is something nearly familiar about him. Something that tugs at her belly and tells her that he could be family. He could be someone that she knows. She frowns and glances back over her shoulder—wonders at where her adopted family may be.

They had to be somewhere near, she thinks.

But, then again, she had been wandering for quite some time.

She almost turns back, almost cuts back to the land where they all sleep together, pups and horses alike before he catches her eye. He orders her forward, and she has never been one to disobey. She has no true bite to her, despite the hellish looks that halo around her. Despite the teeth and the glowing eyes.

So Despoina does the only thing that she knows how to do.

She steps forward. She is timid and slow, her tail nearly between her legs, and it is only when she is a few steps away from him that she shifts. She turns iridescent, shimmering blue save the black points of her nose and legs, the mane and tail that fall like obsidian against the ocean of her body.

If she knew how to hate, she would hate how bold she is in this body.

She wants to say something to him—wants to introduce herself or ask him a question or do anything at all—but the words die on her tongue and she just dips her delicate head down and waits.

Messages In This Thread
    play it cool then smart - by draco - 08-23-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: play it cool then smart - by despoina - 08-24-2019, 02:30 AM
    RE: play it cool then smart - by draco - 08-25-2019, 10:15 PM
    RE: play it cool then smart - by despoina - 09-03-2019, 12:47 AM
    RE: play it cool then smart - by draco - 09-09-2019, 08:33 PM
    RE: play it cool then smart - by despoina - 09-09-2019, 11:47 PM
    RE: play it cool then smart - by draco - 09-22-2019, 12:34 AM