• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd Like To Know More [Lepis]
    The golden stallion's eyes narrowed in just the slightest so that, unless one knew Aten well, it would seem to be more out of concern than anger. He wasn't angry at the mare, moreso irritated because of this state of mind she seemed to be locked in.

He was also irritated because she continued with her same answer. Was there really nothing else left to tell? Did her only motivation lie behind the pain she felt with Gale's death? Not the failure of a dam for a foal she shared with a living stallion to pass and be buried? How could it just be that pain though? Pain was a motivator for... revenge...

Aten had a dangerous feeling about this. Even though Lepis spoke of a unified Beqanna, a region free from the roots of evil growing beneath the earth, he sincerely doubted that she would allow the one who had killed her colt to actually walk away unscathed, much less those that had helped.

He also doubted that all of Beqanna would truly unite under the mare, even if the lands agreed to a truce. There would always be those ready to stage a coup, lying in wait among the shadows for a chance to strike. If he had to guess, they would come from Sylva and Pangea, based on just what he'd heard. That didn't eliminate the possibility of an inside job however; he was sure Lepis had a fair share of enemies.

After all, he'd included himself in that list back in the beginning when he'd first had his leadership stolen. There was no way she didn't have other enemies elsewhere.

Aten really wanted to push for more, dig into the recesses of Lepis' heart, but he knew he would get no more from her. And he couldn't push her, wouldn't... that was not his style without true motivation.

And his wish to acquire a gift to protect his homeland was not enough. The only true motivator was if he cared for Lepis as an old friend, and, regrettably, for he wished she didn't have to deal with this pain, they weren't there yet.

Aten dipped his head to the mare, "I realize that this could not have been easy for you to discuss Lepis. And... I respect the courage you have to tell me when you had no reason to. I am here to provide council if you need it, and to protect Taiga as you wish.

"I am nearly ready for the diplomatic trips as you've instructed me. I look forward to helping take this first step in acquiring Taiga the support it needs."

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-22-2019, 09:01 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-23-2019, 06:59 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-30-2019, 08:00 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-31-2019, 06:40 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 09-07-2019, 11:19 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 09-08-2019, 09:13 PM