• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd Like To Know More [Lepis]
    Though he is adept at keeping himself in check, Aten does respond viscerally to some parts of her tale. This is comforting to Lepis, this knowing that he is emapthetic despite thier rough beginnings, and makes the rest of her telling far easier. When she has fallen silent, she waits, fairly sure that he will have something more to say, some reason for inquiring about her history.

That he begins by asking forgiveness does cause a small crinkle of worry to mar her navy forehead, but she reminds herself to feel the forgiveness that he asks for and so is more open minded and kindhearted than she might be without the use of her gift

To bury a child is not a task she ever intends to do twice. Watching the dirt fall across Gale's wings - all that her husband had been able to salvage from the molten lava) is not a memory that she will ever be able to erase from her mind. The emotions that come with it are no more forgettable, though she has found that time sometimes softens them. And sometimes it brings them back, larger even than before.

'I can't help but feel' he begins, and Lepis blinks. Had she been projecting something without knowing it? But no, the soft glimmer that is her magic remains tightly bound within her body. Any emotion he feels are those of his own making, whether he controls them or not.

Aten digs for something more, some deeper motivation behind her actions, but the dun mare has been entirely honest with him. "No." She says simply, and then elaborates after a moment of consideration. "I chose Taiga to be the foundation of a unified Beqanna, to start gathering all the lands under one banner, to prevent broken factions and root out evil before it can find a deep hold."

Messages In This Thread
    I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-22-2019, 09:01 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-23-2019, 06:59 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-30-2019, 08:00 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-31-2019, 06:40 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 09-07-2019, 11:19 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 09-08-2019, 09:13 PM