• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd Like To Know More [Lepis]
    Aten could now say he had officially gotten what he wanted, but it would never be that easy. This issue he had to address, in order to return to the mountain and inform the fairies of what he'd learned... it required something that he didn't imagine he'd do until at least a solid year of friendship had passed. But now here he was, traversing through Taiga's terrain in search of the Queen.

Over the suns that it had taken Aten to complete his journey to the Mountain and back, he'd given this matter a lot of thought. Specifically, how exactly he would approach this. He couldn't be upfront and ask the Queen about the darkness that surrounded her heart, the darkness that drove her down certain paths that she might not otherwise go. But he couldn't bead around the bush either, for perhaps she would begin to suspect something and start confronting him instead, which would lead him to reveal his purpose for talking to her anyways.

If he approached it like that, it was a lose-lose, and, even if Aten no longer cared about receiving the gift from the Mountain fairies, he didn't want to be responsible for pushing the Queen further into the dark. He didn't want to seem selfish about that, but there was no other way to describe it. If he did something like that to the Queen, whether she healed or not, he'd feel guilty about it for the rest of his life. And he already had enough hanging over his head.

At least there would be a little more time to think while he waited for her arrival. Aten spent a sun grazing and thinking near one of Taiga's small ponds not far from the main meadow, allowing his thoughts to swim randomly in the hopes it would help him come up with a plan. At some point, he thought he had the beginnings of one, so, thinking the rest would come to him, he lifted his head and called for Taiga's Queen, requesting she come to meet with him. It was only after doing so that Aten realized he only had roughly half a plan, and started to pace around the pond to stimulate his brain while he waited for Lepis.

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-22-2019, 09:01 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-23-2019, 06:59 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-30-2019, 08:00 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-31-2019, 06:40 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 09-07-2019, 11:19 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 09-08-2019, 09:13 PM