• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  show me where my armor ends; castile
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile draws in a deep breath as his memories race back to Nerine and its salty air. It had been his dream to forever live there once, but that was so long ago. The world has toyed with his mind and heart multiple times to steer him away from the rocky cliffs. Although it holds a piece of him – it forever will – he has found himself comfortable in the warmer climate of Loess where he can soar high above and retreat to the mountains when solitude seems decadent.

What has become of the northern kingdom, however, he is embarrassingly unaware. Heartfire still reigns, keeping pace with the land’s reputation and established hierarchy. She visited Loess once. They came together for the first time in years, but since peeled away with mistrust rippling between them. It would be beneficial to visit, but Lepis’ curiosity has already put her into contact with his pseudo-aunt. Any information he craves can be translated through his niece. It spares him the trip, just as it may with the Icicle Isle. ”Tempting,” he grumbles when he focuses on her and escapes the dreamy grip of his childhood. ”I’ve never been one for the cold and I trust you to represent Loess well.” His acquiescence hangs in the small space between them, a fondness in the gentle tone of his voice.

”I’ve always respected Heartfire,” the confession arises suddenly, unexpectedly even, after having advised Lepis to shave away the Queen’s options. ”But it sounds like she may be losing her influence and power. I applaud her efforts to resist,” but he will not commend it forever. Sooner or later, she will bend the knee – not to him, no, he isn’t his mother – to the empire that is rising and surrounding Beqanna. He wants to witness it before setting his crown aside and handing the throne to someone else when Loess’ power is near its peak.

With the stakes rising and the determination mirroring, Castile cannot help to tilt his head down and regard Lepis almost as an adoring father would. ”You make me feel old, you know. From a little squirt of a Queen, to disappearing, to returning more ambitious than ever,” a low chuckle slips from him as he shakes his head slowly in disbelief of how quickly time has passed.

castile

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    show me where my armor ends; castile - by Lepis - 08-21-2019, 10:14 PM
    RE: show me where my armor ends; castile - by Castile - 09-10-2019, 01:51 PM