• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  take me home, BQ roads

She's got the devil's eyes

It’s much too easy for her to become lost in the tangle of intrigue and dangerous politics in the years long game she had been playing. Such a timely reminder that this is not all life can be brings her back into sharp focus, allowing a long forgotten peace to settle through her. This young stallion, in all his dichotomous naivete, likely has no clue what insight he had so easily provided her without even trying.

Of course, it’s far too late for her to change, but it’s nice to be reminded. To remember that her skills are not just tools. That they could be so much more.

She shifts as Velkan exclaims, his features full of a wonder and awe she has not seen in a very long time. She nearly smiles at that, briefly forgetting herself in the moment. It’s not often she can be something that pure to someone. Truthfully not something she usually cares to do. And perhaps that is, ultimately, what had drawn her to approach. Some suppressed understanding that drove her to seek out the things she too easily forgets.

“Heartfire,” she responds simply to Velkan’s enthusiastic question, a gleam of humor in her normal icy gaze. “Though I’m not certain I’d color myself a tree expert.” Her lips twitch faintly then, before she adds, “More like an everything-expert.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    take me home, BQ roads - by Velkan - 08-19-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Heartfire - 09-06-2019, 04:52 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Velkan - 10-08-2019, 01:52 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Heartfire - 10-17-2019, 12:28 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Velkan - 11-04-2019, 09:06 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Heartfire - 11-18-2019, 05:17 PM