• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

some even fall to the earth - anyone

"I CAN'T PULL YOU CLOSER THAN THIS
    IT'S JUST YOU AND THE MOON ON MY SKIN."

She doesn’t notice him at all, too wrapped up in the hot, fierce panic that consumes her. She can hardly pull her gaze away from the thick branches above - hoping for a flicker of light, of hope.  But she finds none. 

She does, however, find him.  She whirls after their near-collision, pulling her wings tighter to her sides. “I’m so sorry!” she mutters, her voice laced with anxiety.  Her silver eyes watch him warily.

He was the first creature of this world she had interacted with directly.  What an impression she must have made. But she can hardly register the thoughts in the stew of emotions sloshing in her mind.  She glitters, faintly, like the stars above the trees. She dips her head, abashed, before she speaks again - offering him some semblance of explanation.  But how to explain this to a mortal? 

“I - I’m lost. I need to get out of this place,” she murmured, looking around for some discernible path in the dark that would lead her out. Or at the very least, a break in the trees.

Vela had never known any sort of confinement, so now she was dealing with the claustrophobia of being earthbound.  She’d never known that being enclosed would affect her in such a way - how could she? “Do you know the way out or at least anywhere I can see the stars?”

Panic was a new emotion, and the anxiety turned her blood to flames beneath her skin. Perhaps this was a mistake, perhaps she should have never answered her sister’s call.  Her sister had spoken of such an incredible life and Vela had craved all that came with it.  So she swallowed her pride and tried her best to hold herself together, quivering somewhat before the stranger.

V E L A

image credit

@[bethlehem]

SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER I MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN. TAG ME SO I DONT.

Messages In This Thread
    some even fall to the earth - anyone - by Vela - 08-15-2019, 08:49 PM
    RE: some even fall to the earth - anyone - by Vela - 09-05-2019, 08:14 PM