• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  Summer School 2019 - Art in Chemistry
    The results of the first assignment hadn’t been too promising as he thought they might be. Aeolus doesn’t fret much over it all though. He still believes his group did a good job despite the miscommunication they had about the first assignment. As well, he knew he wasn’t too far behind the rest of his classmates.

Aeolus listened carefully to the next assignment. Each of the students had to create a new molecule. The molecule could be anything with a purpose or no use at all. Aeolus already liked the idea of their second assignment. He looked forward to seeing what his other classmates came up with.

The sea serpent already knew what he was going to create. He wanted to be able to share the experience of being able to breath underwater. The problem was he wasn’t sure where to start. He looked around the room after the students were dismissed to work on their assignments. The room was filled with magical things their teacher had said.

He decided to look around. Aeolus found some strange looking gems (they are hard like diamonds, but not diamonds), a jar that was labeled magic air (perhaps oxygen), and a red-orange metal (perhaps similar to copper). These materials would just do enough.

Aeolus then placed all the materials onto a table. He looked around the room searching for the magic the teacher had spoken about. The boy didn’t see any magic, so he turned back to look at the materials he found. He knew what he wanted to make, but how?

The boy huffed with frustration, but suddenly the diamond-like gems and red-orange metal floated in front of him. Aeolus smiled wide and proud. He inhaled a large amount of air blew onto the two materials. The two materials then fused together. The gems were now a red-orange color with a little more shine to it. Aeolus then opened the jar of air and dipped the gems in. He then crushed up the gems into tinier pieces that could easily be chewed and digested.

Finishing his creation, Aeolus set off to meet the rest of the students that gathered around to present their creations. When it was his turn he moved to the front of the class with a large smile on his face, ready to present his new creation.

“Hi everyone!” He begins cheerfully. “I made a new thing called Aqua Rocks.” He lays out his new creation in front of the class to see. They are small-diamond like gem rocks in red-orange coloring. “Aqua Rocks are considered a solid since they are from both a mineral and metal. The red-orange coloring is the metal fused into the gem-like rocks that are almost hard like diamonds. The Aqua Rocks are surprisingly considered light and can easily be carried.” He pauses for a moment, allowing all the students to look at his creation further. “Aqua Rocks can sense and hold oxygen. I dipped each of the gems into a jar of air.” His smile widens and his eyes gleam with excitement suddenly as he continues. “You can eat the gems. They will magically be any flavor you want them to be thanks to the magic we have in our classroom! When you eat these gems, you have the ability to swim deep into the ocean without worrying about breathing for up to 12 hours. During those 12 hours while you are in the water, the gems will take any oxygen from the water around you to help you breathe. As well, it can withstand cold and likely freezing temperatures, but when it’s super hot in the water the effects of the Aqua Rocks do not work.” Aeolus pauses again, turning to look to the other students. “I wanted everyone to be able to swim underwater like me. The ocean is so beautiful, and I think a lot of you would enjoy seeing the bottom of the ocean like I can!” He falls silent when he is finished and returns to his previous place among his classmates.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Summer School 2019 - Art in Chemistry - by Aeolus - 08-19-2019, 12:22 AM