• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  Summer School 2019 - Art in Chemistry
    Art in chemistry

Some have undiscovered golden voices, some clearly do not, and others are creative enough to find a workaround. It seems only two made use of the little loophole he gave them when it comes to their voices, and one found a different one, but Tir appreciates the enthusiasm more than their voices at any rate.

He gives them a few (slow-)claps and waits for them to regroup. Then, a tilt of his head transforms the classroom - one with plenty other opportunities to be creative.

“Ah, my students, aren’t you all so artistic. Which brings me to your next subject... and your next assignment. Welcome to chemistry!

Now, as you might know, chemistry is a subject that is technically at the base of life. I know physicists and biologists will probably disagree with you, and that’s an ongoing debate for later, but the fact is that a world without would not exist, and you will find a hard time naming any aspect of the world that doesn’t have a little chemistry to it.

Since you’re here to explore all those options and learn about it: design me a new molecule. I don’t need it’s molecular structure, that’s advanced learning, and we’re only horses after all. But tell me about it. Is it gaseous, liquid, solid? Is it heavy or light compared to other material? Is it even a material or rather, a smell, a poison? Bring me something new. The magic in this room will allow you to design what does not yet exist in nature.”

Next subject: chemistry!

*'assignment' is individual

*due Monday, August 19th, 2PM CST

*design a new ‘stuff’. Could be literally anything.

*describe it’s physical properties (color, physical state, freezing/boiling temperature etc)

*explain what it is you made and what its purpose might be in a horse’s life. Or has it no purpose at all? Is it potentially dangerous?

*give it a fancy or logical name, your choice

*you’re still a horse so you do not actually get lab equipment. Use magic to create your thingamabob. Perhaps it’s even lying around somewhere?

*to help you get ideas: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-uses-of-chemistry

*I know you’re all creative enough to think of something!

Results:

<table><tr><th>Horse</th><th>Assignment</th><th>Name</th><th>Description</th><th>Rhyme scheme</th><th>Meter</th><th>Prosody</th><th>Geographic</th><th>Creativity<br></th><th>Total</th></tr><tr><td>Olver</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>95</td><td>90</td><td>100</td><td>40</td><td>85</td><td>75</td><td>85.6</td></tr><tr><td>Lepis</td><td>50</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>95</td><td>100</td><td>70</td><td>100</td><td>75</td><td>86.3</td></tr><tr><td>Cassian</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>70</td><td>90</td><td>80</td><td>75</td><td>25</td><td>85</td><td>78.1</td></tr><tr><td>Cyprin</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>70</td><td>70</td><td>100</td><td>90</td><td><b>91.3</b></td></tr><tr><td>Nolin</td><td>100</td><td>90<br></td><td>100</td><td>75</td><td>80</td><td>50</td><td>100</td><td>90</td><td>85.6</td></tr><tr><td>Lilliana</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>50</td><td>100</td><td>85</td><td><b>91.9</b></td></tr><tr><td>Sevda</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>70</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>80</td><td>50</td><td>100</td><td>87.5</td></tr><tr><td>Aeolus</td><td>50</td><td>100</td><td>90</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>80</td><td>100</td><td>75</td><td>86.9</td></tr><tr><td>Bethlehem</td><td>50</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>75</td><td><b>90.6</b></td></tr><tr><td>Ruinam</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>50</td><td>100<br></td><td>90</td><td>75</td><td>85</td><td>87.5</td></tr><tr><td>Elaina</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>100</td><td>50</td><td>100</td><td>50</td><td>50</td><td>80</td><td>78.8</td></tr></table>

Notes:
    Assignment: If the song is shared, you didn’t get 100%, since I asked for one song each. In the case of the trio, this meant that you came up with only 8 original lines since I couldn't figure out who wrote the refrain lines.
    Prosody: if I couldn't quite sing a line, or whole couplet, to the given song then you scored lower each time a syllable didn't match or a whole sentence was off (wrong intonation to the notes with emphasis). When I wasn't given a song, I looked at the different couplets to see if they matched or otherwise 'flow' well with one another.
    Creativity: Standard is 75%, you'd score higher if something stood out from the rest or something was just funny.

Messages In This Thread
    Summer School 2019 - Art in Chemistry - by Tir - the teacher - 08-14-2019, 01:38 PM