• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Sea Salt & Sugar // Any
    Dark blue and intense, her gaze never leaves the dip in the land where she thought she had spotted movement, and her quick eye is rewarded. A stallion, the color of grain and well-made, emerges from the grasses and the smile which breaks across her features seems to change her whole face.

"Hello," she calls against the meadow wind, picking up a trot as he slows. "I'm Sibyl," she adds with a slight dip of her head now that they stand near enough not to yell.

On another day, a quieter day, she may have noticed the dark clouds and demons which seem to accompany him. And maybe she would someday if they were to meet again. But today she still rides the high of her grueling dance across the ocean, and the thought of finding her sister is a hard one to displace.

From where she stands, he seems the picture of calm determination, and although her mission is a somber one she doesn't mask her delight at finding someone who doesn't mind helping - jumping right into her question.

"I was born in Beqanna," she begins, but her laughter follows soft and quick as she realizes how strange her introduction must sound to him. She pauses for a moment before reassuring him, "don't worry, I'm not about to give you my life story," and continues more sensibly.

"I guess I don't remember her geography as well as I thought I did. I am trying to visit my family in Tephra..." for the first time, her cheery exterior falters.  A shadow passes over her glittering, gemstone eyes and she watches his face carefully for any sign of discomfort or awkwardness at the mention of the Island.  "So, if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it, somehow I just got turned around."

@[Aten]
    [Image: sibylsignature2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Sea Salt & Sugar // Any - by Sibyl - 08-18-2019, 08:01 PM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Any - by Aten - 08-19-2019, 03:20 PM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Any - by Sibyl - 08-24-2019, 08:14 AM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Any - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 10:34 PM