• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Damned If You Do; Damned If You Don't |Castile|
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    They will rise together.

From enemies to colleagues.

There remains an air of mistrust bubbling between them, but the curtain isn’t so thick that they cannot see the potential beyond it. Castile notices how Mary bristles at his words and although he meant no ill will, her disdain somehow still brings him pleasure. A gleam of amusement catches his eye, twinkling underneath the sunlight as Mary mulls over his proposition. It’s the sweet nectar of a forbidden fruit that faintly brushes across her tongue. A taste of power, of ranking. So close that she can nearly taste it. He can see how her mind wraps around it and how her tendrils of thoughts reach like fingers to grope for her greed.

Castile smiles charmingly at her, a rare sight. ”Wonderful,” he pulls her into his web, wrapping her in promises and niceties as she agrees to everything set on the silver platter. Cooperatively, Mary dives into her responsibilities. For a fleeting moment, he questions the sincerity behind it, but her success – her life – rests in the palm of his hand. Inclining his head, Castile considers her. When he responds, it isn’t with a demand, but rather information that he wants her to store away and to make duly note of. Her opinion will matter, of course. ”I’ll tell you the recent events to get you up to speed. Loess has friends far and wide now. Our alliances are powerhouses. We have, of course, Sylva and the Pampas. We are also friends with Taiga now, Pangea, and Hyaline. I’ve not heard report yet of the Cove. The Islands are rather quiet and not worrisome. Nerine is quieting by the day and is in the process of being challenged for the title of kingdom by our Taigan friends. I’ve heard rumors of Tephra…” he suddenly cuts himself off and purses his lips thoughtfully before smugly grinning to finish. ”If all goes accordingly, there will really only be Tephra opposing us that is worthwhile. So, dear Mary, I have a request of you in that same breath. Visit that volcanic kingdom for me and see what updates there are. See if Leliana is still Queen.”

Rumors, he thinks. It isn’t the voices of horses that bring such promising words, but the reptiles that he understands as they slither and roam. A new King, perhaps.

”Surely this will be a test for you seeing as you were originally siding with them when Loess invaded. I wonder what they will say when you tell them you’re with me now.” He tilts his head, almost wishing he could be a fly on the wall when it happens, when their ears swallow the shift in allegiance. ”Are you up for that little challenge?” He presses for an answer, leaving the earlier question almost unanswered. It crosses his mind, of course, but Castile passes it off casually with an idle flick of his tail. ”You had feelings for him, but if you cross paths with him, I suggest remembering where you are right now because of Sinner,” a slow, deliberate breath is inhaled then released, ”I want you to remember how quickly he abandoned you.” It’s easier to pour fuel into her soul than to bark orders when she sees Sinner again. It’s only a matter of time until they reunite.

But as easily as just a few words, Castile planted the seed.

castile

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Damned If You Do; Damned If You Don't |Castile| - by Castile - 09-09-2019, 01:25 PM