• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a dangerous game love; litotes

i never said that i would be your lover
    i never said that i would be your friend
    i never said that i would take no other

What is it that takes her out of Hyaline and sends her to Pangea with the child in tow? Her rose-gold splashed princess brindled in mauve doesn’t look like her father typically does but it doesn’t matter either way. Soothe knows who she belongs to and Kensa cannot imagine herself pretending any of her children come from any men other than those they do. Even Valek who knows so little of his father has never had his parentage concealed.

She cannot conceal this girl any more than she could have concealed that handsome son and cannot imagine she would need to. Not when she has seen her husband’s many children some of them almost as fine as her own. Crybaby and Hatchetface in particular are handsome, strange young things and as Kensa passes into the canyonlands she glimpses them along with an odd pink and black puppy…? A rabbit? Not the strangest thing she has ever seen in Beqanna but its close. As much as she wants to and thinks that she somehow recognizes that rabbit she is here to see Lie and introduce him to this new member of their family and does not have the time to stop. Kensa trots on until she finds the handsome cremello not far from one of the many rivers that wind in and out of the canyons he has made his home.

She whinnies a greeting to him and lopes the last little distance unperturbed when she sees two new foals in his company, pleased to see that he has clearly chosen a fine mother to expand their family, the colt and filly just as beautiful as little Soothe. She comes to him, greets him with a kiss and then a press of her muzzle to his cheek.

Until her topaz eyes refocus on the boy, the girl, and the glint of constellations on their little bodies. Kensa draws back calmly, placidly even. “They are beautiful Lie. Who is their mother?” Its not a question she has asked before, ever, she has never cared...but she has never looked at one of his children and felt like her ribs and sternum have turned to lead.

Not wishing the give away how much her question matters, Kensa looks down at her little daughter and says with tight but genuine pride. “This is Soothe.”

kensa
    love is madness

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-11-2019, 10:16 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-11-2019, 11:16 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 12:06 AM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-12-2019, 12:44 AM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 01:36 AM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-12-2019, 09:49 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 11:00 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-12-2019, 11:49 PM