• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Risk it all; any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    The roan stallion has bigger things to worry about than just moaning on top of the mountains. Even so, he still does that a lot - sometimes he hates his draconic look, other days he digs it. As if he can’t quite choose, the universe gave him his current in-between.

Some days, he wonders what it’s like to fly. It would be easier to get around as a full dragon than his current half-frostdrake state. Other days, he loathes the very idea, knowing he is too heavy to dream of it anyway. A walking contradiction is what he is.

For example. Today, mid-summer, he mostly curses himself for even going to the open space; he should have known better than to expose himself to the sun and leave the mountain’s snowy caps. On the other hand the scaled stallion knows how much he enjoys the company of others; especially if he can trick them one way or another. Of all things Leilan ever was and has been, he is a trickster, enjoying seeking the border between joke and true irritation. It gives him a sense of what other people are like, what they can handle, if they’re prone to aggression or not. But that’s just his rational side explaining his irrational one.

Today he walks into the meadow likes he owns it; as he would do with so many places he visits. It’s easy not to care about things when your wife is far away and your kids are all grown up, your former kingdom has gotten used to your absence and the new one is easier-going than yourself. All in all, life is perfect - if he could choose his form, that’d honestly be the greatest bonus. Either a dragon or not. Simplicity; no compromise. That’s all he ever asked for and never got, in his life.

He discards the idea that it might have something to do with his sticking his nose in other people’s business when he feels like it.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

Wow this is true garbage @[Jackel]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-08-2019, 12:38 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-15-2019, 07:04 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-19-2019, 06:55 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-20-2019, 06:40 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-20-2019, 07:18 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-20-2019, 04:23 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-22-2019, 02:36 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-27-2019, 06:15 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-29-2019, 03:42 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-30-2019, 03:05 PM