• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

come down now, larke
    He runs his fingers so carelessly through her thoughts when she leans into him. Malone is pleased at how comfortable she is here, curled safe beneath his wing, and it grooms his ego into something awful. Certainly, having her against him floods his veins with the serotonin he gets from touching her, but his heart doesn’t sigh in delight at the feel of her skin. Or maybe it does and it’s fluttering somewhere in Djinni’s grasp? He isn’t entirely concerned with it and so he doesn’t wonder about these things.

He’s entirely too focused on pressing his lips just behind her jaw and placing innocent little kisses there when she thinks of how she’d miss her family. “I suppose I could bear to lose you for a day or so, but only if you promise to come back to me,” he says with his face resting against her neck as they make their way from the river. More secluded now, he stop walking forward and lets himself playfully nibble at the skin just past her ear. She is quiet and he worries his question has crossed some line for her. When Larke thinks of Midnight, he pulls back enough to watch her face. Was he important to her?

Did her heart yearn for him?

But then she says she has no one like that and she’s smiling, so he leans back against her and breathes in the scent of her hair. As much as he would like to say that the rose gold woman was his, he knows it would be a lie to ever claim her. She will always reject him in even his wildest dreams. The thought summons a soft ache in his chest that makes him sigh against Larke’s neck even though he doesn’t care to explain why her question pains him.

No, I’m afraid I’ve no one to call mine. Maybe some day a girl as perfect as you will want me.

He laughs softly and closes his eyes, kissing down to the space between her shoulders now as he imagines what it would be like to have someone love him. Malone wonders if he would ever try to buy his heart back from the genie so he could offer it up to someone else. Could it ever hum and sing for another woman, now that it’s learned to yield itself to only one? The star boy suddenly lifts his head and watches Larke for a while, wondering if the future could ever let them be together.

But he doesn’t hold his breath.
    malone
    @[larke]

Messages In This Thread
    come down now, larke - by Malone - 08-04-2019, 12:18 PM
    RE: come down now, larke - by larke - 08-04-2019, 04:26 PM
    RE: come down now, larke - by Malone - 08-05-2019, 12:22 AM
    RE: come down now, larke - by larke - 08-05-2019, 12:35 AM
    RE: come down now, larke - by Malone - 08-06-2019, 03:07 PM
    RE: come down now, larke - by larke - 08-08-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: come down now, larke - by Malone - 08-21-2019, 12:43 AM
    RE: come down now, larke - by larke - 08-21-2019, 02:18 AM