• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when i am missing you to death, astana
    Malone makes friends of even those who would be his enemies. He finds it especially easy to form bonds with those who are as agreeable as he, then. The girl offers a bashful smile and so he returns the expression until she asks him just how the stars came to rest over his cheeks. His gold and black head tilts curiously as he steps closer to her, still admiring the shimmering color of her body. From this new angle, he can see the way the sun catches the fractal edges of her irises and shines in countless different colors back at him. He blinks, the black sclera and blue iris of his own eyes drifting shut briefly in envy.

No, my mother has stars all over her too. I think her parents had them, so who knows how we all got them,” he says with a shrug and a small laugh. “My dad is all gold and white. So I look like both of them, I think. What about you?

He feels his chest puff out a little with pride as he thinks on this and decides that he is the perfect medium between Ophanim and Starsin. But he wonders if she’s related to the rose gold woman or if she is entirely separate? Maybe they all come from some land where the woman are varying shades of gold and each more beautiful than the last. He’s never even quite kissed a girl but he thinks he’d like to go there some time and just marvel at them all.

But then she reaches out and touches his face, making his cheeks burn hot as they blush and shimmer. A girl had never touched him before, other than Morgayne kissing the blood from his mouth before. It makes his spine tingle and he feels a nervous laugh creep over his tongue. Astana doesn’t seem to think anything of it though as she carries on the conversation while he stands there, dumbfounded.

The ocean? Starsin had shown him the little gulf of Loess but she had never played in the water with him nor had he ventured out into it on his own. Was he afraid of the waves, he wonders? No, surely not. He’d waded through the river and soaked in the hot springs of Loess before with no issue. Maybe they could explore the beach of his homeland together sometime if the weather wasn’t too bad.

You should come to Loess and we can go swimming there! We’re the best kingdom, I think, so it’ll be a lot of fun,” he says with a wide grin. He doesn’t mention that Sylva is the greatest territory but he believes that to also be true. After all, his mother rules there and she is the most clever of them all. He repeats her name and tests the way his lips curl around the sound of it, then he’s delighted by the sound of his own name from her lips. Astana. He nods in agreement and reaches forward to touch his lips to her cheek as she had done earlier, curiously feeling the shimmering pale gold of her face.

I think so too, Astana.
    malone
    @[Astana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when i am missing you to death, astana - by Malone - 08-20-2019, 11:43 PM