• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Found my Dulcinea but I don't remember when; any

somehow you lost your wonder in your quest to feel alive

Childhood had come and gone, youth passing and years long behind… time was something one is unable to restore, and she knew this. Like grains of sand in an hourglass she watches as all the seasons came and went, as the world went from sick to living, and the bones of infants rotted into adults and then to corpses.

She felt little and less, a muted sense of emotions; but exhaustion in her mind had long been the cause of that and there was no way for Cthalpa to avoid the bizarre existential crisis once. Now? She accepted it.

Her own body had changed through the years- muscle bulked and her weight gained as she blossomed from spider-legged and clumsy youth to a tall and graceful creature whose gait carried her through and around the leaves and ferns… over the branches and roots. She moved with precision and with a kind of regal demeanor that played in how her shoulders rolled and how smoothly she navigated the rough terrain.

A queen, a royal beast; but? She felt for none of it, cared little if at all for the blood and poise… for the history behind her family.

Cthalpa even cared less for where she drifted, evident in so much that she did not stop herself from suddenly springing over a small gap- purposeless and shifting left and right as she pleased, as the trail was easiest to maneuver. Inevitably, though, she paused to breathe and to look across the vast wall of trees and vines, of thorns and brush.

Easing her legs up and stretching each the oddly tranquil woman stood out in some fashion… the dark mane and tail thick and long, curled even, and her earthy patterned body was colored like sand and soil mixed together. She appeared scarred, worn, and tired: her eyes however? Were strange.

A bizarre green, brilliant and impossibly jewel-like, with flecks of gold and brown… slit like a dragon, and when she strained them the color changed from oranges and yellows to soft blues and silvers. Her vision, of course, read the heat around her; but more importantly, she noted the strange movements and shapes… the patterns.

Bird and animal alike she named them, her sigh loud and body frozen… the trail was just too much to finish now. 

slayed your hope but didn't let yourself know it had died

Cthalpa
    PVP: On
    Severe Injury, Permanent Mutilation, and Death Permitted.

Messages In This Thread
    Found my Dulcinea but I don't remember when; any - by Cthalpa - 07-26-2019, 11:06 PM