• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  The old that is strong, does not wither - any
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”Pleasure,” Castile curtly states, never having been openly amiable to strangers. His voice, however, isn’t so jagged or unwelcoming. It’s distant while his mind weighs the situation and his senses search for Noah. Soon, he assumes, she will arrive to join their small group and lift their voices to the wind much like those beyond the nearby hills. Their conversations are near mumbles, but still just barely audible to those listening. A careful note is taken, but Castile’s steady focus remains on Aodhan.

The male asks a question that the Loessian King knows an immediate answer to, but he doesn’t yet respond until the topic of children in broached. A lopsided grin softens the harsh ridges of his face, and his head placidly bobs. ”The presence of foals makes any land better,” he fondly imagines his own and their beaming smiles. Alas, that isn’t the core of the question. It isn’t the intentions.

Aodhan wants the Pampas.

The inquiry was enough to indicate that, and Castile regards it with skepticism following his bout with Sylva. ”Noah is the leader here,” a kind soul that he has visited twice before. Her heart is certainly in the right place thus the reason while she remains here, untouched and unbothered. The fond grin that lifted the corners of Castile’s mouth has since dimmed. ”The Pampas is under Loess’ protection,” meaning the leader has his support. It was a silent agreement, one forged prior to Castile’s ascension to the throne. He has not severed it and has no reason to. Noah never appeared keen to betray him. She can be trusted. Aodhan, a stranger, cannot. With a lifted brow, he asks, ”There are a few others here. I’m sorry if they didn’t want to talk to you,” his answer is perhaps gruffer than he anticipated but he continues with little pause, ”Let me guess. You want to take the Pampas and bring people to admire the hills and father children to play on them?” He reiterates Aodhan’s perception of the territory, heeding the landscape with a sideways glance as the breeze whispers through the tall grass and wildflowers.

With a flick of his tail, Castile flatly drawls, ”I apologize, but the idea of a usurper has me a little... leery.”

castile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The old that is strong, does not wither - any - by Castile - 07-29-2019, 02:55 PM