• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sabrina;
    ”Very true,” he agrees, subdued by his racing thoughts. He is still so young. There is so much time ahead of him that he can spend traversing the great peaks and islands and valleys of Beqanna. Nothing, technically, can stop him and yet he finds himself stunted by negativity. It’s easy for his siblings to reassure him and stroke what little ego he has because they don’t understand the internal struggles that weigh him down like shackles. ”I’ll figure out a way to explore,” his short legs will be weary, but his mind will brim with excitement when he drinks in the sights of the unexplored world.

Erio stumbles forward and reaches to press a nudge against Sabrina’s leg. When he sits back down, he looks up at her with a childish smirk in attempt to combat the darkness eating away at his happiness.

His mind and body is a rollercoaster. Joy and sorrow walk hand-in-hand and he has no control over which takes lead every hour of every day.

An instinctual wag of his tail fans across the leaves and soil. ”I’m happy to be a hellhound,” they’ve been kinder to him, warmer, even in his grief and self-pity. Mother is colder and finds it easy to reject her only son. And Dracarys? Ah, beautiful sister! How fierce and reassuring she is, too, but she is not hellhound. Her demeanor is like that of a dragon, like their mother’s family. He, little Erio, will never mirror his sibling’s strength and determination. It’s only right, then, to be in the pack of hellhounds otherwise he would truly be without anyone or anything. ”If anything, it brought us together. A loving family would be wonderful,” no, it is wonderful, because with the exception of mother, everyone else has been accepting of his flaws.

”You’re quite lovely,” he admits with a sheepish grin, ”despite how scary the term hellhound sounds, you are nothing but kind. I appreciate it.” A gentle sigh passes from his lungs as he takes a moment to observe and listen to the forest around them. A small grin creeps along his lips, but there is an underlying sense of troubling that continues to weigh his shoulders. ”I imagine everyone outside of the family would laugh and scoff at me, and not take me seriously. I just wish I could read their thoughts or alter their perception… to open their eyes.” Perhaps the faeries will know of a greater solution than he could ever formulate. His fate is in their hands. ”I know I will face challenges. I suppose I just need to figure out how to overcome them when they arise.” His comfort increases as the walls of their separate lives gradually chisels away, revealing hidden confessions between (once) lost siblings.

erio

@[Sabrina]

Messages In This Thread
    Sabrina; - by Erio - 07-24-2019, 09:37 AM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 07-24-2019, 10:53 AM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 07-24-2019, 01:49 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 07-26-2019, 02:17 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 07-31-2019, 08:10 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 08-01-2019, 01:28 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 08-14-2019, 07:29 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 08-18-2019, 09:22 AM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 09-09-2019, 02:40 PM