• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sabrina;
    She doesn’t match his enthusiasm, but Erio shouldn’t expect that. There are things, people even, that that clutch experiences that he can only dream of. So many have seen the far-off eastern coast or the grand volcano or even individuals that rain darkness on the land. Young and ignorant, Erio has no reason to be entirely unapproachable or kind. Granted, he could mirror mother’s distaste and reflect that back on his surroundings, but as a weanling he decided to rise above it.

And so he has not a reason to question the girl or understand why her gaze flashes with disapproval at first. It’s so fast that for a fleeting moment, Erio wonders if he imagined it. Oblivious, his lips remain pulled back in a grin as he eagerly awaits for a name.

First, she examines him. Her eyes trace along his small body and tediously pick him apart. He doesn’t mind. In fact, the boy performs a slow circle prior to seating himself again, permitting a good overlook before her voice – accompanied by a smile but teetering on uncertainty – breaks the silence between them. A couple thumps of his wagging tail unsettle the leaf bed underneath him. ”Nice to meet you, Sabrina!” Her name slips like silk into his mind, sinking itself across the reach of his memory. It rolls off his tongue sweetly and in a youthful and playful manner. It combats the skepticism threading in her words. ”Yes, actually,” only recently did he meet father. A formidable man, he recalls with a lofty gaze that rises to the canopy above them.

Shaggy, dark, brooding. Yes, that is dad.

The symphony of smells surrounding them pulls Erios’ attention back down and onto Sabrina after those few contemplative seconds. ”Are you my sister, too?! I thought I only had Dracarys!” He doesn’t know of the familial tension or the banter that has been exchanged between their mothers. ”I’m trying to think of ways to make mom and dad proud. Wandering away probably isn’t the best idea, but I’m trying to learn. I want to know things. Any advice?”

He simply doesn’t know of what rivalry existed before his birth, what treachery helped in Sylva’s undoing.

@[Sabrina]

Messages In This Thread
    Sabrina; - by Erio - 07-24-2019, 09:37 AM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 07-24-2019, 10:53 AM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 07-24-2019, 01:49 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 07-26-2019, 02:17 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 07-31-2019, 08:10 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 08-01-2019, 01:28 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 08-14-2019, 07:29 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 08-18-2019, 09:22 AM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 09-09-2019, 02:40 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 09-09-2019, 05:20 PM