• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  once again I'm yours in fractions

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

His thoughts interrupt her own, and she feels her heart jump in her chest at the sight of him. Even though she had hid herself so well, there is a part of her that knew if anyone was going to find her, it would be him. Secretly, she had hoped he would, even though she knows she should have just not been stubborn and gone to him to begin with. “You came,” her voice is hushed, with disbelief and relief weaving around each other,  because she wouldn’t have been surprised at all if he had chosen to stay away. She has always been good at pushing everyone away, but she never knew what to do when they fought back and they stayed anyway. “I know, I just...I didn’t know if you wanted me to.”

She hadn’t been sure how he would feel knowing that they were his. He has other children; she has seen them, with their snowflake muzzles or their lion shifting, but she knows this is different. She is different; they are different. Having children was a physical reminder of what had happened between them, especially when they are both just so clearly theirs. But she releases the tension she had been holding when all she can hear in his mind is awe and happiness, and a slow smile crosses her face when he settles himself next to the filly.

She reaches across, with the colt still pulled close to her, to touch her muzzle to Lie’s, and then to one of the glowing dapples on the filly’s shoulder. “Do you want to name her that? Dove?” She looks down at the small, pale girl that was now curled close to her father’s chest, her silver muzzle touching and feeling his skin with a mix of confusion and newborn wonder. “Maybe if we name her something sweet, she won’t be like me,” and she is only half-teasing when she says it. Malone was nothing like her; he was sweet and compassionate and always thought the best of everyone.

If none of her children ever inherited her manipulative, toxic ways, it was all she could ever hope for.

But the colt, she’s not so sure of. She reaches to play her lips against the silky waves of his short mane, and then along the downy-soft fur of his neck. He was strikingly handsome, and if it weren’t for the glowing constellations, she isn’t entirely sure she would think he looked like either of his parents. He felt like her; he felt cool and calculating, like there was a power simmering inside of him that just needed to be nurtured until he knew how to wield it. She didn’t want him to be like that – she didn’t want him to lead a life like hers. But she can’t deny the odd little thrill that she feels in her veins when her lips again touch the small bumps where horns wanted to grow, and that secret delight she feels when their minds read each other so easily. “Draco,” she muses aloud, but mostly to herself, though she steals a glance towards Lie to see if he disagrees with the name, before looking back at the colt thoughtfully. “You’re going to be different. A good different.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    once again I'm yours in fractions - by Starsin - 07-22-2019, 07:02 PM
    RE: once again I'm yours in fractions - by Starsin - 08-11-2019, 03:48 PM