• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  don't let those butterflies out - velkan
    I'm Velkan, he says in a voice that warms her despite the day being so cold against her copper coat.

Lilliana can't help herself - the dimple deepens and she beams back at the ebony stallion. "Velkan," she says, her voice slow and steady where his had been a stream of words and icy smoke in the winter air. There is a quick spark of blue, something that dances behind the silver-blue gaze. "What a wonderful name," she muses out loud to both of them. Tilting her head to the right, an inquisitive look comes over her crimson features. "What does it mean?" Surely somebody as wonderful as Velkan, somebody who looks like they have a making of a great story around them and so Lilli rather quickly assumes his name must be as equally wonderful.

She turns around now to face the antlered stallion and her eyes linger there a moment, admiring the beauty of them and the prominence they lend to him. He's taller than she is, she notes but his antlers make him seem so much larger. (She does notice how thin he is and Lilli thinks that she will have to show him all the best grazing spots coming spring, to make sure that he has the sweetest grass.)

When Velkan grins at her, she mirrors the expression with something a touch more reckless. She's about to tell him something, another teasing reply to keep this banter going.

And then he asks about her mother.
    Aletta.
    (How far you are from home, Lillibird.)

But Lilli has gotten good at this. While the ache comes, the smile stays. "She told me it was better to ask forgiveness than permission." And truly, there is no better way to surmise her mother. Aletta had blazed her own trails, lit her own fires and burned everything around her that poised a threat to those she loved and cared for. Lilli gives a playful shrug to Velkan and finally rises over the bank, leaving the grasp of the frigid water behind her. A brow raises when she finally comes to a standstill before Velkan, peering up at him with amusement underneath her wavy forelock. "And what advice did your mother give you?"
    LILLIANA
    i left home on account of snow
    (buried all the things i know)

@[Velkan] you are the BEST and she thinks hes the bees knees
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't let those butterflies out - velkan - by lilliana - 10-10-2019, 06:26 PM