• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  don't let those butterflies out - velkan
    The water, while frigid, is clear and refreshing. She takes one sip, two and tries not to shudder again. It is only the sound of footfalls that prevent her from taking that third sip. Lilli lifts her head to peer down to the dark stranger who comes into her view. She doesn’t miss the way his body shivers – her blue eyes glance him over in marveling curiosity. Beqanna and her residents come in a wide array of colors, powers, physiques and today she does not disappoint.

He is wild in a fantastical way, in the way of dragons and mermaids and wizards. By the time her eyes go to seek out the stallions dark ones, they are already light up with questions.

His words cause the edges of her mouth to turn up, a smile ready to greet Velkan. ”Or just thirstier than you,” comes the teasing reply of the chestnut mare. While the stallion might not be one to tease, Lilliana certainly is. The words come warmly from her and the smile that she shares with Velkan is meant to be an invitation for him to play along if he wishes too.

The stallion drops his gaze to his hooves that stand firmly planted away from the bank of the River and Lilli’s eyes follow. She drops her head slightly as it tilts to an inquisitive angle. The water sparkles invitingly and for a moment, Lilliana wishes it was a nicer day. She wishes for the warmth of summer, the heat of the sun as she basks in it, the sweetness of the air when it becomes lush with the scent of flowers. Spring is coming, she knows this. But on days like today where the ground still feels frozen and the ice in the river has barely broken its thaw, she wishes it would come sooner.

”You know,” she says, trying to keep the laughter from her voice as she tries to make it sound more.. ominous. (She tries at this and struggles, her mirth is never more than a heartbeat away.) She casts a look to the river, wishing again that the day was warmer. Had the season been further along or the day more promising, she might have dared to splash Velkan. With mock seriousness, she casts her gaze back to the stallion. ”My mother said you should never speak of dares with a stranger.” Lilli schools herself to keep a straight face, to try and keep the smile from forming.

But as soon as the stallion manages to look her way again, Lilli's grin spreads and her expression becomes playful. ”But I think we can fix that. I’m Lilliana. If I know your name then we won’t be strangers anymore.” 
    LILLIANA
    i left home on account of snow
    (buried all the things i know)

@[Velkan]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't let those butterflies out - velkan - by lilliana - 08-25-2019, 04:35 PM