• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  if you want love, you gonna have to go through the pain; dawn

DAWN

i just killed off what was left of the optimist in me

Valek lets her charge ahead of him as they launch themselves towards Hyaline, and Dawn stretches into a full gallop, whinnying joyfully as the young stallion leaps into step beside her, matching her stride for stride. Their hoofbeats echo like thunder through Pangea as they rush headlong towards the mountains, and Dawn finds herself relaxing as her breaths echo in time with his and their legs move as one cohesive whole – if one didn’t see them, they would think there was a monstrous beast racing through the kingdom, or a raging storm with a destructive intent.

The bay-and-gold stallion gently guides her onto a path that leads away from the center of Hyaline, into a narrow canyon. Their pace slows, but only a little, as they navigate a path that any unfamiliar with the mountains would call treacherous. Dawn effortless leaps the fallen trees and speeds around switchbacks and her hooves strike like flint against the rock beneath them until the lake comes into view before them and she slows. She pulls to a stop on the pebbly beach, breathing in the familiar scents of her childhood home and closing her eyes briefly to take in the serenity of Hyaline; she’s missed this place.

Valek charges past her and into the icy water, and she giggles as the water is sprayed against her legs. Following him in, she continues until she is chest deep in the freezing water, laughing again as he splashes water in her direction and it washes over her back. “I’m honored,” she tells him as she takes a few steps closer to shore, until the water barely touches her barrel. “I may even be inclined to share with you,” she adds with a teasing grin, flicking her wet tail against her hip, where it sticks. Suddenly embarrassed she moves deeper into the water again to hide her faux pas, not meeting his eye again until she is very nearly fully submerged.

@[Valek]
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you want love, you gon' have to go through the pain; dawn - by Dawn - 08-08-2019, 09:41 PM