• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  if you want love, you gonna have to go through the pain; dawn

DAWN

i just killed off what was left of the optimist in me

When had he grown to surpass her in height? He can’t yet be much older than three, and yet he stands several inches taller than her at the withers, though they are well matched in terms of stockiness. He mentions that he is exploring the places outside of Hyaline and she nods approvingly, her smile tightening with humor as he says that he’d wanted to see her. She doesn’t say anything to that, merely flicking her pale tail over her haunches as he continues as if that comment implied nothing.

“I’m glad to hear that you’re exploring,” she tells him, her brown eyes warm. “It is important to learn about the world around you if you plan to take a bigger part in it one day... and as for me, I’m settling well. Pangea is a strange place, completely foreign to Hyaline or the Cove, but it has its own beauty.” And I’m at peace, she doesn’t add, knowing that the young stallion won’t understand the turmoil that has rocked Dawn’s life these past few years. When they had met, she was a completely different woman – wars and children and building and destroying relationships will certainly change a person, just the same as regular growth does.

He expects her to see nothing but Kensa in him, but he is so different from her dear friend that it is easy to separate the two entities – he, for one, will at least speak to her, though she does not blame Kensa if the other mare does not want to communicate. Valek pivots to stand beside her and speaks again, offering Hyaline to her anytime she should wish, and her smile grows so large that it could nearly break off of her face. “I hold a love for Hyaline that not even the Cove could rival, and I would love to go and visit one day soon,” she tells him, glancing out to Pangea around them before returning her gaze to him. “Have you ever swam in the lake? It’s as cold as the devil but I’ve never felt a bigger thrill.”

@[Valek]
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you want love, you gon' have to go through the pain; dawn - by Dawn - 08-04-2019, 10:17 PM