• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, any
    He’s absolutely right – with the black coat that absorbs the light from her fires, he would look so cool with scales. Would they reflect any light or just take it all in, selfishly consuming everything that dares to shine upon them? Ember loves the rippling, reflective black and red of her own scales, but she’s noticed that having scales in Beqanna isn’t exactly unique – Velkan, on the other hand, has a look that is completely different and unique and pretty intense on its own. She can’t say she’s met many horses before, but none of the ones she has seen have looked like him; he should be proud of his own look.

His big grin when she compliments his antlers only makes her own smile grow, a genuine thing. It falters for a moment when he mentions his mothers – he had two of them! – but she segues back into conversation effortlessly and hopefully he doesn’t notice her momentary lapse in happiness. “You have two moms? That’s really cool,” she tells him, not realizing that he thinks of his parents as terrible; if she knew who they were, maybe she’d feel the same way. “I uh... don’t have parents,” she continues, suddenly awkward, but wanting to keep the conversation flowing with her newfound friend. “I just woke up on a beach one day and well, here I am!”

She giggles like a child when she stops speaking, hoping that he doesn’t decide to feel bad for her for not having any parents at all. It had been a lonely childhood, but it has shaped her into someone she never thought she could be – alive. When he compliments her name she can’t help but laugh this time, a genuine laugh that is nearly a snort. “It’s not a very unique name though, is it? The guy who found me thought it was just brilliant, naming the girl on fire Ember. Velkan, though, that’s a cool name. I think it suits you well.”

@[Velkan] officially bffs

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, any - by Ember - 11-14-2019, 01:02 AM