• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, any

Although the scaled mare’s response that the flames probably wouldn’t hurt her doesn’t exactly sooth any of my fears, I figure she’d probably not be so calm and cocky if they were hurting her. I mean, could someone really joke around if they were on fire all the time and it actually hurt? Plus, she brings up a good point about being heavily armoured. Almost all the ladies I’ve met recently have been scaled and I have to wonder how I missed out on that super cool trend.

I think I would totally rock the scaled look!

When she shares the compliment back, commenting on my antlers, my black eyes look upwards even though I know I can’t really see them. But it causes a big smile all the same once I refocus on the mare. “Oh yeah? Thanks a lot! I’m not sure where I got them from – neither of my moms has antlers. But I kinda like that it makes me different from them, y’know?” I wasn’t too sure whether that was a sentiment commonly felt – did everyone have awful parents or was that reserved just for me? I surely hoped that everyone else had a better home life!! But it’s really hard to picture loving parents when you’ve got no experience in that area.

We officially become friends, as far as I’m concerned, when fire-dragon-lady introduces herself as Ember which is – I’ll have you know – possibly the coolest and most appropriate name for someone I have ever heard. And, not being one to hold in a compliment when I can just blurt it out instead, I make sure to let her know.

“Ember! Holy crap that’s a great name. It’s super cool to meet you - I’m Velkan!”

photo from unsplash

@[Ember]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, any - by Velkan - 10-08-2019, 03:45 PM