• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let's go chasing stars this evening [torryn]
    ASTANA // LETS GO CHASING STARS THIS EVENING

Astana and her twin had been glued to each other since day one, having only separated when Astana had taken off, eager to explore the realms beyond their family’s patch of sand dunes. But Etoile and her had been so close, her twin sister with her quiet grace and Astana with her warm confidence, they made quite a startling pair. The fact that their mother’s heart could never truly belong to their father, that she still felt like she belonged to someone else, hardly crossed her mind. She just knew her mother’s dazzling white coat, her father golden body, and the blue eyes of her sister. All of them, shining and glittering against the backdrop of rolling dunes and desert sun.

“Yeah, there was a ton of sand,” she says, not fully encompassing how much sand there truly was in her home. “But there was an Oasis in the middle where our friend fox lived.” Friend was a bit of an over reach there. The fox, while it certainly traveled to the Oasis for water, often hid underneath one of the many bushes when the family approached to drink their fill, slipping out only when he thought they were not looking or at night when they had drifted off to sleep.

What made her decide to come here? She thinks for a moment, diamond eyes glassy with consideration. “I think I would like to see the ocean one day,” she says then with a reckless grin so much like her mother’s. “My family said leaving the desert wasn't safe, my dad was even hunted by a dragon for years,” she says. Bedtime stories in the Keav and Bastille household had been interesting, that much was certain. “But, I think it has been pretty safe so far,” she says with an affirmative nod of that white golden head. “Have you seen any danger?” She asks, tilting her pretty face for a moment in curiosity as those diamond eyes specked with sapphires peer out at him beneath long, blonde lashes.

“Oh?” She says in surprise as he laughs, declaring just exactly what his name was, cute certainly not being it. “My apologies,” she says with a curt nod. “If you became a knight you could be Sir Torryn, you know,” she offers, imaging knights in armor being perhaps the strongest things of all, able to take down dragons and rescue princesses from towers. His black muzzle brushes against the pale, golden of her own. Each hair forged with that precious metal reaching up to touch him as she feels the warmth of his breath and his skin delve into her own. “A forest, wow, I cant imagine actually living in a forest, do you see owls?” That the wise owl lived in a tree in the forest was common story to tell. Her eyes go dreamy as she listens to his young voice. “I would love to see it,” she says. “Do the leaves change colors in the fall? I have heard how beautiful that time of year is,” she dreams aloud. “The desert never changed colors, a sandy tomb.”

underground, the stars are legend

@[Torryn]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let's go chasing stars this evening [torryn] - by Astana - 08-01-2019, 11:28 AM