• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she's a little explosion of hope

I can remember a time when I was so afraid
    when even my shadow wouldn't follow me

It had been early morning when the blonde with those snowy locks set out from her home, striking out with a bold confidence that defined her. She was so similar to her mother in some ways, her beautiful, compassionate mother had certainly instilled that graceful confidence within her daughter. Her movements were refined, though swift, she stuck to the shadows like a phantom, merely a sleek shadow slipping silently through the unfurling mists of sunrise. Amber eyes face forward with some sort of determination, as the wind races through slowly growing ivory locks. She has struck out without either of her parents knowing, her uncle neither knew, not even her grandmother, the one person the amber eyed Elaina would always tell all her secrets too—except this one it would seem. 

She is on a mission, you can tell by the strides of her lanky legs, moving in such a direct fashion, when Elaina was more prone to skipping than marching. Amber eyes are trained forward, alabaster locks shining in the sun of spring time. Elaina knows where she is headed, and she didn't want anyone to stop her. Of course, being one of the only young children within Windskeep, and being a little girl in general during war times, it was easy to spot when she was missing. Her amber eyed, dark father 

“I’m going to save, Mama,” she chirps happily, so full of hope there is no room left for doubt or sorrow. 

Elaina can remember this day, back when she had thought anything were possible if you just wished hard enough, and prayed to the ancestors. That hope could spring eternal. Elaina used to be so beautiful, carefree, reckless. But something forced her to grow up a little. Now she can afford to do little more than find those blissful moments with Lilli, the rest of her family, and Aerwir. Skipping through fields and winding between trees. She used to conquer mountains and tame beasts and slay dragons, but now, now she is a weary adventurer, and her heart, while not silent, has gone quiet.

She knew what she needed. She needed to return home, not any were Beyond, Elaina needed the wisdom of a family member, she needed the words of her grandmother. Elaina had decided then, she would return to her one true home: Windskeep. She had made the long trek, a trek she had not made since she the war. It had been a while since she had been so young, when her body was spidery legged and scrawny, too skinny. But the moment she had arrived in Windskeep, her senses had been assaulted with familiarity. Home. The word sung through her veins. 

It had been difficult to leave when her time came to a close. But, Elaina knew it was time to return home, to Aerwir, to take her place in the Falls, with Lilli, as they had talked about. But, when the golden sunshine girl had returned home, her heart wrenched in her chest when she found the silver form of Aletta and there was no striking chestnut beauty to meet her. Where was Lilli? Lilli had left, leaving only a few words behind for the one she called a sister. ‘I wish you well, I hope you find what you are looking for.’ That was all she was to receive? Elaina refused to believe it. “I’m going to find her,” she said then, and Aletta pointed her in the direction that her daughter had gone. Little Kildare, who was not so little anymore, had joined her on the journey, excited by the prospect to join a new land. 

It was with the intention of finding Lilli that Elaina first stepped into this foreign land. Lilli was her best friend, how could she just leave her like this? Elaina feels hurt, lost, but mostly, she feels determined. She needed to find her. The golden girl steps around this new land, she ought to be cautious, but Elaina has hardly ever been such. That stubborn nature and bold and brazen attitude had lent itself to her being independent and bit too impulsive. ‘Just like your father,’ is what her mother, sweet tempered and beautiful used to say. And Elaina would stand there grinning, thinking how lucky she was to be compared to her father, the dark knight, the commander in war that faced down foes without a second thought. Of course, my now grown sunflower child, likes to toy with the idea that she has grown wiser as well as older and therefore  she realizes now perhaps how foolish her father had been, racing into battle like that. He had a child, a mate, did he ever think of them? 

She forces her mind away from thinking about her parents. It hadn't been too long ago she had seen their resting spot in Windskeep, her mother’s gave adorned with lilies and her father’s with dark obsidian stones found in the caves surrounding the lake. She hadn't anticipated the feeling, the emotion that clawed at her when she saw it. Does one stop being an orphan just because they’ve grown up? What does that make her now? 

Just a lonely girl in a strange place.

She comes to rest only when she stands in the middle of a meadow, amber eyes shifting about herself as a bite of autumn air brushes her nose. And there is a moment that the overwhelming feeling of unfamiliarity, of her family being so far away that it strips away that bold, brazen, wild attitude with fire behind amber eyes. It leaves bare just a little girl, alone in the world, like the day she was when she first arrived in Beyond and her cousin Marcelo had found her with a tear streaked face and fearful eyes. As the blonde looks around there are no tears to slide down her face, nor is there fear in her gaze, but as she speaks, there is perhaps, just a tremble to her voice. “Lilli, where are you?” I need you, she wants to say. Gods Lilli give her strength, give her compassion, Lilli, give Elaina hope.

elaina*
    benjamin and beylani's sunflower-girl

Messages In This Thread
    she's a little explosion of hope - by Elaina - 07-01-2019, 05:49 PM
    RE: she's a little explosion of hope - by Elaina - 07-07-2019, 01:14 AM
    RE: she's a little explosion of hope - by Elaina - 07-17-2019, 11:42 AM