• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a makeshift gauge; anyone

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    A silver fish darts through the shallow water, sunlight reflected on its iridescent scales. It is stopped by a white barrier, and spins about to swim the other way. It makes it only a few feet before finding a sapphire wall block its escape, and spins about again.

Back and forth, left and right. Ivar watches the little fish search futile for escape from the half-moon of water he's trapped it in with his legs and tail. The kelpie lies on the sun-warmed sand of his island’s beach, unperturbed by the distant movement he can hear in the trees. His brown-eyed focus is on the little fish. It finally slows, too many thwarted attempts at escape for its simple mind to process. Only then does Ivar stretch forward, snapping it between the sharp teeth of his elongated jaw and swallowing it whole. 

His entertainment finished, the tricolored stallion rolls slowly to his feet, his sleek tail transforming to a pair of white legs as he stands. He shakes the drying sand from his sides and tosses a still damp lock of sapphire hair from his face, turning to face the sound of hooves he'd heard earlier. Ivar is hopeful it is another mare from the big island come to frolic in his waves, but as his amusement in the silver fish has indicated he is not particular choosy in his entertainment.

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

Messages In This Thread
    could i use you as a makeshift gauge; anyone - by Ivar - 06-22-2019, 12:56 PM