• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  no court to call home; Sidhra and any

Sidhra didn’t reply to Anuya’s joke, but she did smile which was good enough. Sure, she really would have put some bets on the situation but the fact that Sidhra wasn’t going to stoop to that level wasn’t a big deal. The silence from her older sister was a little strange, but not completely strange enough yet that Anuya noticed anything being off. Her own powers weren't nearly as important to her so they remained dormant most of the time.

So she was, for the moment, completely unaware that anything was bothering her sister. Just as she was completely unaware that anything had changed in her own powers. She felt like the same Anuya – or, at least, the Anuya she had come to know over the last few years. The wanderer, the lost girl, the one who did her best to turn every situation into a joke so that she didn’t have to face how scared she was.

A pale white stallion approaches first, accompanied by a fox, and Anuya only just manages to catch herself from muttering something about how at least he wasn’t brown. A young filly arrives soon after, blessedly also not brown, and with eyes that are so bright pink that Anuya even notices them in the darkness of the night. They’re a spot of a familiar bright colour, a touch of hope that this strange land maybe isn’t so boring after all.

Never one to wait for Sidhra to speak first, Anuya launches into her greetings – her long ears twitching slightly as her attention turns from one to the other. “Why hello, Ruinam of Island Resort!” Anuya replies brightly, maybe a little too brightly. She’s putting on a show, after all. The filly had shared compliments, which was a quick and effective way to win Anuya over as a friend. “And Aislyn! I love your patches. They remind me of my favourite moon-blooming flower – how it looks when the white petals pop against the darkness of the night.”

Was that a weird thing to say?

Was there such thing as something weird to say when you look like the night sky and have ears so long they rival most rabbits? Weird might just come with the territory.

“I’m Anuya, and this beautiful lady beside me is my very old sister Sidhra. She can’t hear too well so you’ll have to shout a little if you wanna talk to her.” Anuya pauses, waiting for the snappy remark her sister is sure to make in response to this teasing, before continuing. “We’re… uh,” And here Anuya’s skills at conversation falter and she looks over to Siddy for some help. “We’re new here.” She finishes, deflating a little as she admits it, and not really too sure what else to say beyond that.

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@[Sidhra]

Messages In This Thread
    no court to call home; Sidhra and any - by Anuya - 06-16-2019, 09:43 PM
    RE: no court to call home; Sidhra and any - by Anuya - 07-26-2019, 07:07 PM