• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

your skin tastes of gorse flowers; vulgaris
    V u l g a r i S
    Sometimes he tries to remember being young, being so full of hate and disgust with the world that he could hardly see past it. It used to cloud his eyes and drove him to hurt the ones he loved best. All that dark shaped him into a cruel, crooked thing sick with its own wicked bile. Back then, did he ever hope for something better or was he content? Did he ever dream of reaching where he is today? Those years were eternal night and he can’t imagine such a hopeless boy could feel destiny pulling him closer to her with each passing day. From the deepest pits of despair, he crawled his way into the lap of a goddess.

He laughs softly at how far he’s come but he doesn’t bother explaining why. Instead, Vulgaris opens those tired sage eyes and briefly narrows them as she speaks.

I know it’s not half as much as I care for you,” he quips, lifting his chin briefly as he delivers the words very matter-of-factly. When he smiles, he briefly forgets the way his lips felt against pointed teeth or how the scales felt when they shifted across his face. Some day he’ll struggle to recall those sensations at all. But when she speaks again, his face grows serious yet soft, the corners of his lips still curled into a warm grin.

Vulgaris leans his head over her as she nestles close to him, still laughing at her own flirtations as his cheeks begin to ache from smiling so much. His face isn’t used to all this yet. “Some day this world will be nothing but our children and grandchildren, I think,” he says with another laugh. In truth, his love for her grows exponentially with each additional to their family. He thought his adoration had a ceiling but it just keeps finding room within his heart and soul. Now, it fills every nook and cranny like a perfect peach light that smells like summer and honeysuckles. It hums like a thriving hive of bees all working in perfect harmony.

You are the love of my life, Leliana. You are my everything,” he mumbles as he lips at her ear.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your skin tastes of gorse flowers; vulgaris - by vulgaris - 07-18-2019, 03:00 PM