• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

your skin tastes of gorse flowers; vulgaris

She would believe it if he told her.

She would say that something within her would always know the outline of him; there’s something within her that recognizes the call of his heart—that recognizes the substance of him. She just smiles as he pulls her close and gladly gold into the curve of his embrace, knowing the peace and the security that is now found there. She knows that this, more than any land or any place, is her home; maybe it always was.

“I wish you knew how much I love you,” she counters, feeling the warmth of his lips lasting longer after they leave the delicate skin. She angles her head back and studies his eyes, memorizing the angles and planes of his face, and finding that even the newness of him—stripped of his fang and scale—he is still the man that she has always known. None of that mattered. She had always been able to see this anyway.

She smiles again, all rainwater and fresh springs, before planting a kiss on the corner of his mouth and laughing, the sound silver bells. “Then it is a good thing that I found you.” Her face grows only a touch more somber, the seriousness of what she is about to say causing her lips to still.

“I will always find you, Vulgaris,” she promises. “I would search every corner of the heavens.”

She would look for him in his darkest shadows and pull him from the depths of hell. She would pull herself apart and swallow the ocean into her belly. She would sacrifice it all until she found him.

“But let’s focus on the good tonight.”

That same mischievous glint touches the hazel of her eyes—the look that only he knows—and she laughs softly. “After all, spring is around the corner and we have to give our children some siblings.”

One corner of her mouth lifts and then she laughs, sighing with contentment as she angles her body to curl against his side, pressing her cheek into the muscular curve of his neck and relaxing into it.

it's only you and me there until the darkness calls
    let's face the dawn together; we'll brave whatever comes

@[vulgaris]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your skin tastes of gorse flowers; vulgaris - by leliana - 06-28-2019, 12:38 AM