• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; any

this would be a fantastic place to put a future quote

He’s always liked the way his older foster-sister glows. He can’t reproduce the effect in the daytime, but he’s been known to mimic it at night, coming out of the waves through the glowing algae on top of the water and glowing like Eva until he dries, when they simply stop glowing. It’s one of the things that makes his father laugh, and he seeks those light moments quite intentionally. They offer a nice contrast to the worried looks he gets when he’s simply too…kelpie.

He also likes the way Eva talks to the birds. His father has one that pretty much is with him all the time, loyal, but most of them are skittish and as wild as Luath is. It had hurt his feelings, at first, but Brennen had explained it to him. ‘They can understand me, and I’m a prey animal.’ He’d glanced up into the canopy with the amber eyes he’d given Luath and then back at the colt. ‘You’re too much predator, Luthe, but that’s nothing to be ashamed of.’ Keeping this in mind he always hangs back a bit, not wanting to send the birds into a panic in Eva’s trap (it had happened once, and been traumatizing for all parties involved).

“I haven’t heard that one before,” he says, meaning the song she’s singing for the little bird, rubbing his side against hers in a feline-esque manner before settling against her side, seeking the closeness. Mother sings the songs to Ionia and Luath just like to Eva, but the colt isn’t always around to listen. Though father does tend to scold, when mother reports that Luath has been MIA for more bedtimes and lullabies than he manages to appear for. “Can you sing it again?”

luath

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; any - by Luath - 06-09-2019, 10:03 PM