• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; lynx
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    Like an over-eager, unpracticed boy, he follows her. She must have known he would, and he is certainly not one to disappoint. With a delighted grin stretching his lips, he barrels forward, feet digging into the soft sand, barely noticing the gritty tingle where his hooves pelt it into his belly and legs.

When she suddenly slides to a halt, sand spraying about her, Fox’s head comes sharply up as he too slams on the brakes to avoid crashing into her. The childish playfulness of it brings another laugh rumbling from his chest, and as she spins to charge towards the ocean, he snakes his nose out to aim a light-heartedly retaliatory nip at her sleek haunches.

He pauses a minute to admire the graceful way in which her body moves, the smooth strides so unconsciously feminine even in their practiced efficiency. And, well, he’d be lying if he said the sight didn’t give him a few lascivious thoughts to toy with.

Grin widening, he launches after her, crashing into the surf to follow her across the warm waves to the small, delightfully cozy (and private) sand bar she’d chosen. Of course, he does have to wonder if she’d brought him here for any particular reason. The moment the thought crosses his mind, he half-expects her to favor him with a scowl. But we already know how irrepressible Fox can, and if she did, she’d be met only with a decidedly unrepentant smile.

“Gorgeous,” he replies easily to her question, amber eyes twinkling merrily. They’d never actually left her though. “I suppose this place is too,” he adds teasingly as he presses closer, wet skin brushing against hers, lips placing a warm, tender kiss on her shoulder. Only then does he turn his attention to their surroundings, openly admiring the peaceful, almost lazy feeling of the small cove she’d managed to find. “Hmmmm.” His voice is almost thoughtful as he considers the lagoon. “Seems very private. Almost as if it was made for trysts, wouldn’t you say?”

He turns his gaze on her, the faux-seriousness nearly impossible for him to maintain in light of his rather wayward amusement.
    Fox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; lynx - by Fox - 08-28-2019, 05:28 PM