• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; lynx

She is not surprised that he so quickly takes after her.

She feels his thoughts and the sudden rush of surprise and then excitement as he takes after her and she laughs, loose and low and completely carefree. There is a spray of sand behind her as she gets to the beach and feels the sun as it falls down on the slope of her back. The air is salty and only slightly tinged with the sulphur that she has grown so accustomed to and she feels something like happiness take root.

Devilish, she drops her hindquarters and comes to a sliding stop down the beach, gritting her teeth at the sudden pain in sand rubbing against her legs and then laughing as she pushes off and lunges to the side. It does not take long until she is running into the water, the foamy waves crashing up against her splotchy chest. It is cool and satisfying and she laughs as the water rushes up above her back.

Glancing back, she looks to find him, the water causing her hair to stick to her elegant face.

But she doesn’t pause. Instead, she dives forward against the tide and continues to swim, legs churning as she gets deep enough to let loose of her hold on the floor beneath her. She kicks out, following the path that she had uncovered on one of her many days of wandering, only angling when she comes around a corner and she feels the water getting stiller—the ground rising up once more to reach her.

Without a word, she crosses the sandbar and then emerges into the lagoon, finding a place shallow enough to stand, the teal water sitting still around her knees. She finally flicks her dual-colored gaze up to watch him and she sighs, gesturing around them. “It’s pretty, isn’t it?”

- lynx -

love brought     weight to this heart of mine

@[Fox]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; lynx - by lynx - 08-03-2019, 08:36 PM