• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; lynx

She can feel the edges of his thoughts as they rest outside the perimeter of her own, but they never sink in enough for her to actually feel their teeth. She does her best to give him his privacy these days; she chooses instead to talk to him, to ask him questions, rather than just opening up her gift and rooting through his mind like she had in the past. It is one of the many ways that he has softened her edges; it is one of the many ways that she has learned how to be less of herself—at least of her old self.

In the past, her fear would have driven her to snap at him and, in some ways, she still might.

But she bites down on it and instead forces herself to take deep, steadying breaths. She focuses on the way that her chest swells with it, focuses on the oxygen as it runs through her, until she relaxes into it. Her runs his lips along her and there is something that sparks beneath it all, turning her dual-colored eyes slightly rakish as she takes him in, her forelock disheveled and her mouth curled ever so slightly.

“You always did have a way with negotiations,” she teases softly, thinking back to some of the first times that they had interacted. First, as children, and then, much later when they were anything but. She reaches over to bite at the corner of his lip, the touch starting rough and then gentler as she pulls back.

“I could use a distraction,” she admits softly before reaching up to ruffle his forelock. “But I bet that I can beat you there.” Before she can stop to think about how silly she looks, she leaps forward, her sloping hindquarters pushing off and sending her flying down to the beach with her laughter trailing behind her.

- lynx -

love brought     weight to this heart of mine

@[Fox]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; lynx - by lynx - 07-05-2019, 06:11 PM