• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis

I've learned to live with these fatal gifts
    and still you're mine

It still warms him to the very marrow every time he hears those words on her lips. The same thrill courses through his chest, expanding until he feels as though his heart might burst right through the cage of his ribs. He doesn’t know how to put into words everything she makes him feel. Everything she means to him.

He presses his lips against her, a small huff of breath, an almost laugh, escaping to fan across her skin. He revels in the softness of her, still almost disbelieving that she could be so indelibly his. “I will never tire of hearing you say it,” he whispers against her, eyes slipping closed. “Just as I will never be able to adequately express how much I love you.”

He wishes he could share it with her. Wishes he could open himself up just so that she could see what she does to him. Just so that she could understand how completely she tamed the carefully guarded feral beast that had once resided in his heart.

He slides his lips along her neck, pouring every ounce of his love, so fierce and possessive, into the motion. As though his touch, such a simple gesture, could adequately express everything inside his heart and soul. His lips move back, tenderly trailing her ribs until the can feel the beat of her heart beneath them. Her beautiful, generous heart. The one the could find within itself the ability to love a man like him.

He aches for her, the beat of his heart so easily matching hers, though it echoes silently in his chest. It his hers, after all. Only hers.

Ether

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis - by Ether - 08-19-2019, 12:36 PM