• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they say personality skips a generation; any!
    lost in the dark

You know what’s a wonderful feeling? What’s so wonderful that the word wonderful just sort of pales in comparison to it? What’s so wonderful that you’re just over the moon and suffocating in space but it’s okay because it’s all just so wonderful?

Making a friend.

Now it might just be my less-than-stellar upbringing but Lilian telling me that she likes me too almost wipes out my knees and turns me into a puddle – which wouldn’t take much considering there’s next to no fat on these bones and just a gentle tap would likely knock me over. And making a friend is the emotional equivalent to being slammed with a tree right in the face.

But in a good way!

I almost thing I lose her with my invitation, maybe inviting her to go find other flowers was weird? But she accepts so it’s fine. I’m quick to follow her, moving so that I’m walking in pace with her. I stop when she does, and I’m illuminated with a smile as she places a bright purple flower into my mane.

“I am! I was born… well, before everything got all jumbled up and confusing. I think I was born in the mountains near this funky place called the ‘Forsaken Valley’, which is quite the name, I know. After that…” I pause, reaching down to pick up a periwinkle-blue flower and adorn Lilian with it. My smile isn’t so bright right now, it’s hard to smile when I’m recounting my history even though Lilian didn’t strictly ask for my life story. She’s getting it, or the short-version of it anyway, even though I don’t like thinking about it.

But focusing on the flower that I give to Lilian helps. “My mothers were pretty... well...” And I gesture to myself with a quick jerk of the head, thinking it might go without saying what kind of parents could great something like me - but I say the word anyway. “monstrous... so I wandered off by myself and left Beqanna for a few years. But this place kind of draws you back in.”  I smile then, smaller than before but warm and genuine all the same. The past still stings but I think, maybe, it can't hurt me while I'm with a friend.

“What about you?”

image from unsplash

@[lilian] once I started I couldn't stop so here you go

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they say personality skips a generation; any! - by Velkan - 08-17-2019, 08:03 PM