• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they say personality skips a generation; any!
    lost in the dark

I wasn’t sure whether Lilian would actually play along, but I’m delighted that she takes the request seriously and turns her attention on the pocket of wildflowers. A day spent picking flowers is a very good day, if you ask me.

And she picks such a good one too - Yellow!!

To say I’m just tickled-me-pink with joy at the colour she picks out (I guess tickle-me-yellowed?) would be an understatement. I mean, anything that Lilian picked out for me would have been perfect - let’s be honest - but that yellow? Oh yeah. It’s sunshine and happiness and everything that I want in my life.

I stand very still when she moves closer, placing the flower gently in my mane, and - though I’m sad by how fast she moves back away - I’m still beaming with absolute adoration for this new friend of mine. “I love it!” And I know in that exact moment that I’m going to try to keep this precious yellow flower in my mane for as long as possible. Walking super slow, backtracking to pick it up if I drop it and all of that.

“I like you, Lilian.” I state simply - in a breezy tone that one would be commenting on the weather with, because it’s just that matter-of-fact for me, and I’d be grinning from ear-to-ear if that was a) possible for a horse and b) not the most terrifying image of a horse you’ve ever tried to imagine.

Or, I guess, can’t imagine if you’re someone who can’t actually visualize what’s happening here.

But you get the point anyway.

“What do you say we go find some more flowers? I’m sure there’s more around here.” I think we both need more flowers in our lives, and today’s going to be the day where we catch up on all the ones we’ve missed out on.

image from unsplash

@[lilian]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they say personality skips a generation; any! - by Velkan - 07-12-2019, 09:42 PM