• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    like a dream in my arms but I'm wide awake; rae

my soul is in the sky

Family. The idea that she might have family here has never crossed her mind. Other than Kry, she has never known family, not really. Draconis had tried, and Rae certainly does not fault her adopted older-sister-turned-mother for the fact that Rae had simply needed to leave. Her parents were dead, magic was ripped from Beqanna, and Rae did not know herself, even at such a young age, without the power of the sky behind her. They were one in the same, and she did not exist as herself without the sky.

So Rae left, and with her leaving, she gave up any chance of a family that she thought may have existed. Until now.

I’m your Uncle, he says, and it’s so plainly true that she simply stops flying. The cloud beneath her solidifies, and she lets herself drift down to it, tucking her legs beneath her, entirely uncertain that they will hold her weight now. Her mind reels with the revelation. “Please,” she says, nodding to another cloud that she’s pulled next to hers, solidifying that one as well. There was too much in her brain right now to keep combating the storms that he was creating. He seemed oblivious to the fact that he was even causing them, and for the moment, she wasn’t quite ready to figure out how to control that particular problem. The easier solution, for now, seemed to be to get him to stop flying.

The resemblance was plain between them, in so many ways nearly identical save for the difference of black versus blue. An Uncle. She’d never even wondered if her mother had siblings. Why wonder about something she couldn’t have dreamed of asking? Who would she have gone to? Draconis knew only Rhy. Rae barely knew anything of her father but his name and his power. In what would would a girl who barely knew her parents dream of having an uncle?

“How do you know who I am?” she finally asks. She believed him, couldn’t deny the resemblance and the fact that he knew her name seemed like all the proof she needed. Still, it didn’t explain how he knew her name. How could he? Only Draconis would recognize her, and time was a funny thing. It moved differently in different places, and she was younger than she should be. More time had passed here than had in her actual lifespan, and as such, she didn’t think Draconis was around anymore. There are so many more things she wants to say, to ask, but she doesn’t. For the moment, she waits just to find out this.

rae

@[Leander]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like a dream in my arms but I'm wide awake; rae - by Rae - 06-25-2019, 06:30 PM