• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Unplayed pianos are usually by a window where nobody loved goes; Leliana

Leliana just smiles at his compliment, ducking her head a little in response and then looking back to take in all of Tephra, noting not the places where flowers are beginning to bloom but rather the places that she has not yet reached. So much of it remains touched with ash and smoke and char. So much of it remains locked beneath the scars of the war and she can not see the good that she has brought—only the evil that she had not prevented. The evil that she had played her part in amplifying, not reducing.

It twists her stomach, causes a sour taste on her tongue, but she does her best to keep it from her face. Such bitterness simply sits in her belly and she lets it steep there; lets it be a dagger that affects her only.

“You have done so much for Tephra already, Jakub,” she says, bringing her hazel eyes back to him. “And I know that Magnus agrees. You have fought for her and worked to bring her children home to her and even helped discuss the terms of assistance from foreign lands.” She pulls her wings from the water to perch them higher on her back, the rivulets of water running down her slim sides.

“I know that you have just been named Beta, but I believe you are deserving of the Alpha rank.” She smiles again. “I have full faith in you, Jakub, and I know that you will continue to work for Tephra’s good. We are lucky to have one like you amongst our ranks.” She knew that she couldn’t do this alone, after all. She would need those like him who were willing to bleed and sweat for this land she loves.

it's only you and me there until the darkness calls
    let's face the dawn together; we'll brave whatever comes

@[Jakub]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Unplayed pianos are usually by a window where nobody loved goes; Leliana - by leliana - 06-08-2019, 01:29 AM