• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

litotes;

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

When the Archon studies the brilliant blue and white of his first Pangean prisoner, he finds endless amounts of strength. Valdis possesses the wherewithal and frightening beauty of a queen. That would be only fitting, though, considering she is the daughter of both a dragon and a king. He briefly wonders how she has not stolen someone’s throne.

“Mary . . .” Lie parrots back, the cold woman’s name a considering murmur on his lips. He does not know much of the Sylvan leader, other than that she is painted as a petulant child to him. The fact that most who have mentioned her to him are biased is easy to admit, though he makes no effort to hold a neutral opinion. “If Sinner is so foolish as to choose a reckless girl over one as stoic as you, then he is sure to lose his crown.” Perhaps this compliment is a bit of charming, a bit of inappropriate flirting where there should be only surface-level concern. The cremello is not entirely sure, though he is certain if he were Sinner, Valdis would not have slipped so easily from his grasp.

Litotes’ stare slips back down to Erio, the ever-curious looking boy. The decaying remnants of a smile are all he can muster for the child. He can predict the confusing future the boy is sure to face. A sigh builds in his chest, but he suppresses it, opting instead to return his eyes to Valdis’. For now, Erio is too young to understand any comfort the Archon may be able to offer.

“What little I know of Sinner and the boy by your side tells me you are more than nothing.” It is meant to be a kind statement, a bit of reassurance, though the cremello finds his tone is more matter of fact than sympathetic. He does reach out to brush his muzzle against her cheek, comfort for her and curiosity for him. “A foolish man, indeed,” he murmurs, then pulls away, “to forget about a cheek as sharp as yours.”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Valdis]

Messages In This Thread
    litotes; - by Valdis - 05-27-2019, 11:19 AM
    RE: litotes; - by litotes - 06-11-2019, 11:11 PM
    RE: litotes; - by Valdis - 06-20-2019, 08:53 AM
    RE: litotes; - by litotes - 06-29-2019, 12:03 PM
    RE: litotes; - by Valdis - 07-10-2019, 08:06 AM
    RE: litotes; - by litotes - 07-22-2019, 07:00 PM