• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  i can see the whole world down below
    <div style="margin:auto;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(0,0,0,0)100px,rgba(179,179,179,1)800px),url('https://i.postimg.cc/J0z6vJ1k/malone.jpg')top no-repeat;width:514px;padding:600px 0px 5px 0px;border:3px solid #000;border-radius:250px 250px 0px 0px;font:14px times new roman;color:#000;">
    <div style="margin:0px 0px 25px 0px;background:rgba(256,256,256,0.25);padding:2px 10px 2px 10px;font-style:italic;text-shadow:0px 0px 1px #000;color:#000;">my heart is violent because it learned how to bleed at a young age<BR>when it is hungry I feed it with shaking hands.</div>

<div style="padding:25px 5px;border:3px double #000;border-top:0px;border-bottom:0px;border-radius:35%/35px;margin-bottom:-10px;">He wakes in the afternoon warmth, still curled beneath the shade of the tree his mother left him under. The rose gold woman’s whispers come to him again and so he stumbles up onto his small hooves. Malone gives his head a little shake to clear the dust from his mane before happily skipping along to find his brother. Meraxes will be hearing the whispers too, he assumes, given that he saw the boy at the beginning of this little game. Perhaps they can cooperate on this leg of the journey. There seemed to be no rule against it, after all.

When he finds the golden boy, Malone smiles up at him with mischief tucked behind his black and blue eyes. “<I>I need you to push me off a cliff,</i>” he says simply, his small tail swishing back and forth in nervous excitement. The smaller boy waits patiently before continuing with his explanation. “<I>Chase me onto the rocks up there, so Mom will follow and tell us to calm down. Then you’ll push me off and I’ll glide down but I’ll scream real loud so she thinks I’m falling!</i>” He grins now, knowing that her fears are still floating on the surface of her mind after the thorn maze nearly took him from her. She hasn’t fully recovered from seeing Ophanim torn apart either.

Before Meraxes can protest or voice any concerns, the black and gold child tucks his wings tight to his side and takes off running on his spindly legs. He can see his mother up ahead speaking with someone and so, for good measure, he leans just enough to bump her with his shoulder as he goes skittering past. The boy is careful to keep his mind focused on outrunning his brother and nothing else as he listens to the hoofbeats following him. Starsin cannot know their plans until the big reveal.

He hurries up the rocks, laughter bubbling up from within him, as he rushes to the edge of the cliff. Finally he turns with a grin still overcoming his other features, chest heaving for breath as he faces Meraxes and Starsin. He steps carefully backward, feeling his way with his back hooves until there is only open air behind him. Malone takes a deep breath, his mind still clear, as he rears up to meet his charging brother.

He spreads his wings almost instinctively, regardless of their plans, and cries out in surprise at how much it hurts to actually be hit. For a moment, genuine fear overcomes him and he flaps his wings wildly to right himself. His heart thrums wildly in his chest as he glides to the ground, head almost dizzy from fear. Malone looks back at them as he lands gently on the ground, the corners of his lips still managing the faintest hint of a smile before he skitters off back to his tree.

By now, the sun is setting and the dry Loessian air grows cooler by the second. He lowers himself back to the ground and curls into a sleepy bundle of legs and mischief. Malone wonders if the woman will still speak to him in shapeless whispers when he awakes tomorrow morning. For now, however, the day has made his eyelids heavy and he finds himself drifting off to sleep before his mother can find him and scold him. All of that can wait until tomorrow.</div><center><I>m a l o n e</i></center></div>

Messages In This Thread
    i can see the whole world down below - by Djinni - 05-24-2019, 10:39 PM
    RE: i can see the whole world down below - by Malone - 06-18-2019, 01:44 PM