• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Kensa;

i never said that i would be your lover
    i never said that i would be your friend
    i never said that i would take no other

His smile is rakish even if pained and she cannot help the fondness that softens her calm expression into amusement. Even when he answers her jest, her ears only flick slightly at hearing that his opponent is dead. She should perhaps express disgust at the waste she saw upon that bloody field of battle, but she is not a girl anymore. Instead she quiets her mind to focus on the effortless connection she feels with the tobiano stallion, a carefully concealed cord of tension that she is tempted to tug on as water rolls off her lower lip.

“No, she would not.” The Primarch rejoins after Castile states he is not aware of a child of hers dwelling within his borders. “My eldest, Brunhilde. She is the color of flame. She leaves off the butterflies or the tongues of fire the girl can summon because her appearance itself is memorable enough. It is no wound on a mother’s pride that Castile would not be aware of their relation, the girl still harbors her anger and most of them don’t go around naming who their parents are as if attempting to skate on the accomplishments of fore-bearers.

They move on to the business of the visit and the gilded mustang wears a calm and open face as Castile watches her for the micro-expressions that might give away her leanings. “I would like to see us friends, Castile. Yet you think I would stand against you as you deal with traitors?” This she says gently, inclining her head just so and then laughing in mockery of herself. The punishment of traitors being exactly what she had intervened on between Dawn and Litotes.  “No I will not involve myself. Not in this.” The Sylvan rebellion, if it can be called that at all, seems more about opportunity than aiding Leliana. She sees no need to turn her small power toward that situation. Kensa shifts a bit closer, to make it clear she does not oppose his actions even as she rebuffs his request that she ignore his moving against Sinner. “I will not be turning a blind eye to anything, Hyaline does not look away any more.” In this the gold veined woman is firm. Castile and others may have hoped to see the Sanctuary crumble and it has but what grows up in its place belongs only to the woman who now holds these mountains between her teeth. “I do not lead a sanctuary. That is a word I hear abused too often. I do not know how to describe what I plan...other than to say that a little spider crawling amongst the bedding will not harm much but keeps even the laziest from an easy sleep.” A smile, dark lashes drifting down over her topaz eyes as if to demure. Looking back at the dragon her words are weighted by their honesty, following the conversation back to Castile’s own plans. There is not another way, these two men will come to blows and there will be suffering to follow it. “I understand that you need to act.” Kensa reaches out to press her muzzle to the overly warm skin of his neck, the lingering of her touch easy to blame on weariness. ”Don’t lose, Castile.”

kensa
    love is madness

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    Kensa; - by Castile - 05-24-2019, 11:31 AM
    RE: Kensa; - by Kensa - 05-27-2019, 06:53 PM
    RE: Kensa; - by Castile - 06-18-2019, 09:48 AM
    RE: Kensa; - by Kensa - 07-05-2019, 05:34 PM
    RE: Kensa; - by Castile - 07-12-2019, 11:21 AM
    RE: Kensa; - by Kensa - 07-22-2019, 11:10 PM
    RE: Kensa; - by Castile - 08-12-2019, 08:43 AM