• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Alita)
    and I can't get to sleep with that wolf outside my door

Alita feels the magic weave through and for a second nearly resists the alien emotion—stubborn and defensive—but relaxes into it within a moment. Her jaw unclenches and her muscles loosen and she takes a deep breath, pulling her lips back over her predatory, sharpened teeth. She shakes her golden head for a second, the loose tendrils of her mane curving around her jaw, and then focuses again on the other mare.

“Okay,” she says, not bridling at the condescending tone—wondering at what had made her so upset just a second ago. “What did you do?” she asks, a genuine curiosity staining her voice as she angles her head to study the other young girl—wondering at the magic that can seep into the flesh and touch the mind.

She is so much more comfortable with the physical.

It’s unsettling to think of something more.

But the discomfort rests under the surface, not connected and not touching her innermost thoughts. It just rests there and she wonders idly at it, feeling the waves of happiness wash over her. She brushes of the other’s apology with a roll of her shoulders, tucking her wings in close to her sides again.

“It’s fine,” her lips split into a smile.

“That was pretty cool. Do you think you could do it again?”

She wonders at what the other mare had said—something about a gale—but she dismisses it. Alita has never truly been an invasive creature (curious, sure, but not invasive) and she assumes that Eyes would tell her what she meant if she really wanted her to know. “The only thing I can do is the fire thing.”

She ruffles her wings, having no idea about what other gifts lie under the surface.

“I mean and fly or whatever, but not anything else.”

Alita

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Alita) - by alita - 08-03-2019, 06:56 PM