• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Alita)
    and I can't get to sleep with that wolf outside my door

Whatever Alita had been expecting as a response, it certainly hadn’t been that.

Gifted as she is with her own powers, she has never quite understood the ones that can mess with your mind. She continues to live in a world where gifts are primarily physical. The ones that let her soar into the air or scorch the earth below her. Even the ones that let new colors ripple across her golden flesh when she thinks about it (although this, of all of them, is by far the most difficult to control and direct).

Even though she has spent her entire life with Starsin, she still does not understand the mare’s gifts.

She chalks it up to a keen sense of observation.

The idea of someone being able to read minds?

It feels preposterous.

So imagine her surprise when suddenly her vision is taken over. She feels the flames, can practically taste the sulphur on her tongue, and when she wakes from it, her heavy head is swinging from side to side, trying to get her bearings. When she finally focuses on the girl next to her, the only emotion that makes sense is rage. She bares her sharp teeth, that faint orange glow still sitting there in the back of her throat.

“Yes, I saw that,” she manages to growl, flicking her head violently to free her vision.

“What the hell did you do to me?”

She takes a step forward, confusion barely masked beneath the youthful anger, her draconic wings flaring at her sides. “What makes you think that you can just mess with my head like that?”

Alita snorts, shaking her head as if trying to rid the last remnants of the vision from herself.

Her eyes narrow as she focuses again on the girl, unsure of how she feels or what to do about it.

Alita

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Alita) - by alita - 07-05-2019, 07:31 PM