• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

knock knock its the worst mom in the world :)

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

He brushes against her as they walk, and it incites that slightest of smiles across her face. She remembers when she was his age, and how all she had craved was her mother’s touch, or just some miniscule sign that she wanted her. The desire for want eventually receded, her expectations lowering and lowering – show me you love me, show me you want me, show me you at least realize I exist. Eventually, it was gone, and Starsin learned to never expect anything from her mother, or anyone else.

His quiet confession that he likes her more than Starlust causes her heart to constrict in an odd mix of sorrow and satisfaction, but she reaches over to tug lightly at his baby-curls as she says only half-teasingly, “She sets the bar pretty low, so that’s not surprising.”

She watches as his light slips beneath the rock, and she can see the concentration in the taut lines of his face. But the light breaks it apart rather than lifting it, and instead of being annoyed, she offers him a sympathetic smile. “We’ll try again a different day. You look tired.” She bows her own head as he leans against her, and this time she brushes her muzzle along the top of his neck. He reminded her of Alita; not hers by birth, but it hardly mattered. The familiar fierce instinct to protect him at all costs was already blooming inside of her, just as it had with the dragon girl.

“Come with me, and you can meet everyone else,” and with a gentle nudge against his shoulder to encourage him to right himself she leads him in the direction where the rest of the family was likely gathered; Ophanim, if he wasn’t busy, along with Alita, Malone, and possibly Meraxes, since her son had taken a liking to him and she never denied Malone anything.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Malone] @[alita] @[meraxes]

If anyone else wants to jump in and say hi to Midnight, feel free! He's Starsin's little brother if you don't want to read the thread.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: knock knock its the worst mom in the world :) - by Starsin - 06-16-2019, 02:52 PM