• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

knock knock its the worst mom in the world :)

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She can hear his thoughts, and they are so similar to the ones she had when she was younger. Wondering why she wasn’t enough, wondering what she had done to deserve being left behind and forgotten. But whatever injury her mother had caused, she had not allowed it to remain weeping and open. She became calloused and detached when it concerned the jade-eyed mare, and she isn’t sure if it’s a good or bad sign when she recognizes something similar in her younger brother.

She almost reaches out to touch him, the way she would to Alita or Malone, but something keeps her from doing so. When it concerned her mother and any other relatives she has met, she knew only rejection and dismissal. She couldn’t shake the feeling of fear at being pushed away from him, even if they had just met, and even if it seemed so foolish to fear rejection from a child.

She is distracted from her own insecurities by his question, and she pauses a moment to contemplate it. “I mean, I can try. I can’t control light the way you can, though.” There is almost a hint of envy when she says it; she always has a special admiration for any power she didn’t have. But she nudges him lightly on the shoulder before moving forward, glancing backwards to see it he was following. She stops near a small, round rock, and with an inquisitive tip of her head she asks, “Can you pick this up? I suppose that would be a good place to start.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[midnight]

Nothing you write is ever horrible.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: knock knock its the worst mom in the world :) - by Starsin - 06-04-2019, 06:30 PM