• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied; castile
    Sochi

darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied
    maybe you need me or maybe you don't

Sochi feels something like relief explode in her chest when Castile and her daughter come into her vision.

It is instantaneous and she isn’t able to keep it entirely from her features as she accepts the feel of her daughter against her chest, pulling her close and burying her head in her mane for a moment. “Reia,” she breathes, her voice even more husky than usual with the touch of smoke. She pulls back and takes her in, noting the cut beneath her eye. “You brave girl.” She reaches forward to press her nose to her cheek.

“You look every inch a warrior.”

It was only fitting.

But her eyes do not linger there long because he is present and he is gravity. She just smiles leaning into his touch, feeling the warmth that blossoms so quickly. “I’m okay,” she affirms, even though it is obvious. Her chest is split and she can still feel the marks from Atrox’s claws down her back, but she is alive. Her lips twitch into a smile again as she takes him in, disheveled and alive with the battle. “You are too.”

She doesn’t miss the way that he glances away and her stomach tightens slightly.

“You haven’t seen Nikolaus, have you?”

She knows he hasn’t had a chance to meet their youngest yet, but she hasn’t seen him since she returned from the war. “He has my blue,” she says, as if it matters, her expression crumpling into a frown.

“I haven’t seen him since I got back.” Another faint ache in her belly. “I’m worried.”

She didn’t have a word for it—or a way to explain it—but something wasn’t right.

playing the slow rooms, howling at half moons
    if you are a Queen then, honey, I am a wolf

@[Castile]
    [Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied; castile - by sochi - 06-13-2019, 12:03 AM